Long-term or frequent use of the electrodes can cause some skin irritation, especially if you have sensitive skin. To reduce skin irritation, try this:
- Always clean and dry your skin before attaching the electrodes.
- If you have to shave your chest, let the skin recover for some time before attaching electrodes.
- Change the electrodes to new ones at least once a day. If you sweat a lot, you can change them more often. You can also slightly change the electrode location on your chest.
- Before you remove the electrodes, dampen your skin with a few drops of water, or take them off in the shower. Remember to detach the device from the electrodes before you go into the shower!
- After removing the electrodes, clean your skin with soap and water. If you have very sensitive skin, apply some neutral, non-greasy body cream on the skin and let it dry completely before attaching new electrodes.
- Try to avoid touching the attachment site to keep it as clean as possible.
- If your skin becomes irritated even if you have followed these steps, you can also apply some cortisone cream on the electrode site. Interrupt the measurement if the irritation is severe and consult a medical doctor if needed.